Please state on application if you wish to be considered for a scholarship. Scholarships are based on merit and amounts are determined by our artists' panel after review of application.
To receive the full benefits of the intense impact of focused assignments offered through the Rome Art Program, applicants are strongly encouraged to enroll in the complete 8-week session but 4-week sessions (Half-Sessions) are also available.
An application may be submitted at anytime if the applicant is self-funded. Applications will be considered if space is available in the selected session. Contact email@example.com.
Deadline for scholarship applications is January 29, 2013. Late applicants are waitlisted and considered if a place becomes available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Notification of acceptance into the program begins January 29, 2013.
-If application is accepted, student must send in a tuition deposit of $500 to secure a place in the Program within 1 week of acceptance. All tuition fees include triple occupancy accommodations.
-Final tuition balance is due March 11, 2013 (See deadline schedule below).
-Deposits and application fees are non-refundable.
-No refund for withdrawal within thirty days of the start date of Rome Art Program (June 1, 2013).
-Italian visas are not required for study abroad under 90 days.
-All U.S. nationals must have 100% medical coverage. All (non-Italian) non-U.S. nationals must check their coverage status for Italy.
1. You must be 18 or over to apply
2. We accept applicants based on merit (either having a BA or higher degree in Art or can demonstrate artistic abilities in application materials)
3. We accept applicants with limited experience who show a great deal of potential (with the understanding that this is an intensive program)
4. We accept applicants currently working toward degrees in other fields who have a vested interest in art.
Some students from the Summer 2012 Rome session applied for credits from their home schools and received university credit from schools in the US and Australia. The Rome Art Program is an independent organization currently unaffiliated with a credit-granting institution, however, we provide assistance in obtaining credits from a student's home institution. Advanced planning is highly recommended to increase the likelihood of your coursework being applied to fulfill requirements in your major, minor, or General Education. Please research your university's credit requirements thoroughly before seeking credit approval. With signed approval from your university, you will receive an evaluation from us upon completion of coursework. **For detailed information click on Course Credits page.
Early applications have the best chance of obtaining placement on the session they choose and the best chance of receiving scholarship assistance.
Notification of acceptance into the program begins January 29, 2013.
If application is accepted, student must send in a non-refundable tuition deposit of $500 to secure a place in the Program within 1 week of acceptance. Payable via check (received by deadline), bank transfer (by request), or credit card at Payment Center
Tuition Balance payable via check (received by deadline), bank transfer (by request), or credit card at Payment Center: March 11, 2013.
Please send all Application materials by e-mail to: email@example.com
(Application materials may be sent by mail upon request)
1. Fill out the form below
2. Application fee of $35 payable to Rome Art Program, Inc. (Non-refundable) payable via check, bank transfer, or credit card at Payment Center
3. 1-paragraph statement of artistic intention
4. 6 examples of applicant's artwork (i.e. slides, digital copies, photographs, digital files: cd 72 - 100 dpi, no more than 800 pixels either direction, labeled with artist's last name, first name and title of work )
5. Corresponding list of artworks with artist's name, title, medium and size
6. 1 letter of recommendation from a College Professor or Art Professional (via email)
7. 1-page resume